Sunday, January 30, 2011

The AMAZING CARDBOARD BRUSSEL SPROUT. [Part One]

Our 3D project for this week and next week(?) is to make a cardboard sculpture of something that is not manmade. We were given a variety of objects to choose from, and for some odd reason or another, the brussel sprout caught my eye. I decided to try and make a small version of it to test what would have been a very time consuming method. Fortunately, that idea didn't work out, and it was back to the drawing board. I decided to make a large center, with just two criss-crossing shapes, and then cover it in craft paper to make a more solid shape. After I finish with this, I plan on using larger sheets of craft paper to make a more leafy texture. I really hope to capture the different layers of leaves, and get it looking correct...

No comments:

Post a Comment